Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pollough Church.

Having finished my visit to St Managhan's church and well,I got back into my car and drove for Pollagh a small village on The Grand Canal abut 4 miles from Lemonaghan. I went here for two reasons. I had read about the stained glass windows by Harry Clarke and wanted to see them. Also the finely crafted bog oak sculptures in the church which I also wanted to see,I wasn't disappointed on either count both are stunningly beautiful. Here's a link to Wiki for some background information on Pollagh.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollagh

                                   OS Map 48.  Grid Ref N 192 253.



Here's a picture of the name of the church 
The stained glass windows by Harry Clarke... Didn't catch the first one so well.
  

This was a bit better...
General shot of altar.

Detail of altar made from bog oak.


Tabernacle in bog oak.........                                                              Lectern made from bog oak......

This concluded my visit to this church but I will go bake here again to take better pictures. All in all a very pleasant day.
Fionn.

For previous post go down to next panel and click on older posts

No comments:

Post a Comment